Have I mentioned my love & obsession for Whole Foods? Minus the prices…but then again, sometimes you have to pay for freshness, quality & specialties. In the long run, if you are buying the good stuff you will save money by avoiding copay’s at the doctor. I can’t say this time around was my “healthy” trip, more so just some extra snack type odds & ends. Ok, I will be honest…all I really went in for is Chia Seeds, but I came out with a few extras.
How can you not love Whole Foods? Especially on days like today when they had live music playing. Live music makes me so happy and I feel such peacefulness surrounding me.
1. McCutcheon’s Pumpkin Butter – Soooo good! I know it can be hard to find good pumpkin butter. I have tried some I do not like, but this one is awesome. Top that on the italian crackers or toast with some chia seeds and banana… awesomness (is that a word??) I asked the cashier if she has ever tried it cause I was wondering how it is, she said no but had her manager come over to take it off my receipt to try it for free!
2. Eden’s Buckwheat Soba noodles – This is what Ciara and I used in our concoction last Saturday. They taste great and are GF.
3. XOCHITL – Thank to Victoria for introducing me to these chips. The two of us are tortilla chip addicts always in search for the best. Well boys & girls, looks like we have a winner! The bag in the picture is actually compliments of Victoria, but I did see them at whole foods today everywhere so I decided to include them in the post. Thin & crispy… no false advertising there!!!! Also Gluten free. 🙂
4. PB2 – Normally I stick with Almond Butter, but I tend to over indulge since I love it so much. It’s a healthy fat, but in small servings. I ended up seeing online information about PB2 aka powdered peanut butter (also comes in Chocolate PB2), you take 2 tbs and mix with 1 tbs of water and wallah, tasty peanut butter without all the fat and calories! (For you over indulgers like me) Great in oatmeal, crackers, mix to make a dressing… I mean anything really! Go to town 🙂 2tbs = serving: One serving fat 1.5g , 45 calories, 5 carbs, 2g fiber, 1g sugar, 5g protein
5. Lastly, the chia seeds. A new obsession I have fallen in love with. I know I fall in love a lot. I have been wanting to try them for years, not sure why I never have. How can you crave something you have never had? I don’t know but all week they have been all I was thinking about. I LOVE THEM! They are going to be a key staple in my pantry from now on. A little expensive, but so healthy for you. This whole foods brand bag was $15.99 One serving = 1 tbs – 60 calories, 5g fat (mostly poly & monounsaturated fat which are good fats), 5 carbs, 5g fiber, 2g protein. It’s LOADED with omegas and other super nutrients. It’s certainly a superfood!
Ok time to spend time with my love who finally came home! 🙂