I may have been the Cookie Monster in a past life time…
This is probably one of my favorite cookies I have made. WITH oats AND granola. All these flavors and textures going on… it’s like a party in your mouth!
I adapted this recipe from Oh She Glows. Mostly, it’s the same but I just made a few additons/changes. 🙂 Hope you enjoy them too!
- 7 tbsp Earth Balance + 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil (oil adds a little crispiness to outside) For softer cookies you can just use 1/2 of earth balance/butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cane sugar (or use white)
- 1 egg or for vegan use 1 flax egg: (1 tbsp ground flaxed mixed with 3 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup granola
*I made mine with all whole wheat pastry flour from Trader Joes because that’s what I had at the time. Came out great.
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. (If using a flax egg, in a small bowl, mix together the flax egg and set aside.)
2. With an electric mixer or in a stand mixer, beat the Earth Balance until fluffy. Add the brown sugar and cane sugar and beat for 1-2 minutes until creamy. Beat in the egg or flax egg.
3. Beat in the remaining ingredients and fold in the chocolate chips.
4. Shape balls of dough and place on the baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 mins. on the baking sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack for another 10 minutes.
On another happy note, it’s date night with Jared! He is so amazing. Don’t know how he puts up with me, but he does. 😉 We are cooking up some homemade BBQ pulled chicken. If the recipe comes out good, I will post it tomorrow.
Thought of the day: This is how things should be when we walk into a room. Don’t be the party pooper and debbie downer! Be the person who lights up the room! My brother Brandon has mastered this…(minus the “she” part) 😉